Problems with xf86cfg <BEN>

I have the x-window system installed and configured and i have kde , gnome, enlightenment up and running. i use x-window most of the time. i installed apt-get install x-window-system-core which installed everything needed to startx(config files, so on).

I had woody installed before and after installing x-window-system-core i ran the xf86cfg command and it worked perfectly then after a week i re-installed and woody again and this time after x-window-system-core it didnt work.

What's happening is that after xf86cfg is run it enters the x-window but the window for configuring that has all the tools (configuration for the mouse,keyboard,monitor,etc) appears then after a second it disappears leaving only the x-window blank with nothing so i have to use ctrl-alt-backspace to exit.

I know how to configure the file using xf86config using debconf or manually the thing is that i want xf86cfg working.

Thanks,

Iván Filpo