Re: SpamBouncer

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 09:20:35PM -0500, dman wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 05:57:02PM -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:
> | >dunno
> |
> | Me neither.  Since what it does is bombard the victim the spammer forged
> | in the headers, hopfully it's dead and won't be revived.  If you want to
> | bounce spam, do it in the SMTP session you're receiving the message in.
>
> Oh, I didn't even know what it was.  This is a _really_ bad idea since
> the From: address can very easily be forged.

Actually, doing that is entirely up to the user seting it up, and the default
not to. And it does a wonderful job of getting rid of the lieterally hunderds of
spam messages I get each day.

However, I do beleive that if a site is allowing spam to be relayed, it should
be made well aware of how unpopulat that is.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin