Re: SpamBouncer

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 05:57:02PM -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:
| In article <[🔎] 20020207215629.GC30571@dman.ddts.net> dsh8290@rit.edu writes:
| >On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 10:52:03AM -0500, stan wrote:
| >| Anyone know if SpamBouncer www.spambouncer.org is being mainatined?
| >dunno
|
| Me neither.  Since what it does is bombard the victim the spammer forged
| in the headers, hopfully it's dead and won't be revived.  If you want to
| bounce spam, do it in the SMTP session you're receiving the message in.

Oh, I didn't even know what it was.  This is a _really_ bad idea since
the From: address can very easily be forged.

| >| If not, any sugestions as to an alternate?
| >http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim_spamassassin.html
|
| Does something totally different,

Apparently.  It is still related to spam though ;-).

| and could be useful.

| The default rule scoring seems pretty far off to me though.

Can you expand on this?

-D

--

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes at least a 486 to run Windows 95.