Re: SpamBouncer

In article <[🔎] 20020208024001.GA25615@teddy.fas.com> stanb@awod.com writes:
>However, I do beleive that if a site is allowing spam to be relayed, it should
>be made well aware of how unpopulat that is.

Yes, but I didn't think that was what spambouncer did.  Does it only
send messages back to valid relays that aren't due to forwards the user
set up.  (This can't be determined by a program without user
configuration.  Spamcop reports are ignored by many ISPs due to their
users reporting them on a message that was validly forwarded.)  I
thought I'd seen reports of it "bouncing" the message to the victim
that was forged in the "From:" header.

If you just wish to detect spam, and do any reporting manually,
spamassassin is being actively developed and is available on woody/sid.
The sid version seems better.