Re: A mutt question (new/different question)

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 09:43:40AM -0800, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I am relatively new to Debian. I installed mutt in order to avoid the clutter
> of html mail, but sometimes I need to read email from people who send only html.
> I think I should be able to do this using the 'v' key, but when I do so
> first I get a screen with just a single line, and
> when I press the 'enter' key, I get an error message:
>
> /dev/dsp : Permission denied
>
> What is happening? What do I do to fix?

I had this one recently myself... Try installing html2text
(or w3m or lynx or another html viewer) and see if it
sets itself up to view html files instead. If you still get
this error, then look into /etc/mailcap.order to control
what program is used to view html files.

I can't remember the exact problem, but I think you're
seeing some X11 program or other attempt to load the html
attachment. The /dev/dsp error is a red herring, that wouldn't
(shouldn't) stop the viewer loading.

(I added this to my /etc/mailcap.order file, BTW, to make
html attachments be viewed in w3m.)

w3m: text/html

(On a side note, what's wrong with your sound card?)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.