Re: Accented characters with unstable

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 09:24:48AM -0500, mcpierce@telocity.com wrote:

> Now, for the next question: how to I tell mutt and tin to display the
> extended characters? I can more my email archives and see the accented
> characters, but when I try to read them with mutt, they're still be
> displayed with the above encoding instead...

For mutt, I resorted to setting
    set locale=da_DK
in ~/.mutt/muttrc. (I'm Danish and some of my correspondence is in Danish)
Setting LANG on its own didn't do the trick for me.

Of couse, you will probably want to set it to Irish, but I'm not sure
what value to use for that...

HTH
--
Karl E. Jørgensen