Re: Segfaults in seemingly unrelated programs

On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 00:36, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 00:16, jim@leary.csoft.net wrote:
>
> A blind stab in the dark:  why not simply 'apt-get --reinstall install
> <the suspected libs and programs>'?

That would be if pppd had not ceased functionning. I guess I'm going to
burn a snapshot on CD from somewhere with connectivity and do that.

> And use ext3 in the future? ext3 is
> the least hassle of all journaling fs's since you can convert on the fly

Of all my systems (a handfull), the disk that probably endured
corruption is the only one not running ReiserFS. So in a way your
suggestion points to my shortcoming. I guess having taken the effort to
convert this disk to a journalling filesystem would have saved me the
headache.