Re: Segfaults in seemingly unrelated programs

On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 00:16, jim@leary.csoft.net wrote:

> If anyone has read this far, thank you. At that point, I am somewhat out
> of my depth to say the least. Any hint that can help me pin down the
> cause of my misery is more than welcome.
>
> And yes, I do have backups of my data, but not of the operating system.

A blind stab in the dark:  why not simply 'apt-get --reinstall install
<the suspected libs and programs>'? And use ext3 in the future? ext3 is
the least hassle of all journaling fs's since you can convert on the fly
--

I did not vote for the Austrian government