Re: Woody kernel rebuild screws the pooch.

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 23:41, Phillip Remaker wrote:

> I'd implement it natively in the kernel, but I can't find rtl8139 as an
> option in "make menuconfig" even though there is an rtl8139.c source file.
>
> Hrmph.

Well, I moved on to 2.4 a while back, but if I remember correctly, the
RTL8139 is listed in menuconfig as RealTek.  You could always just edit
/usr/src/linux/.config and search for 8139, that would do the trick
too.  One trick I've used to search for correct drivers is:
 grep -B4 -A4 "string" /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help

In this case, that would be:
grep -B4 -A4 8139 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help

Cheers,

Caleb
--
there are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots