Re: Which FTP client?

* Balazs Javor (jb3@freemail.hu) spake thusly:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to replace my current favorite FTP client
> CuteFTP with a Linux one.
> Which is the best client out there?
>
> I'd like to be able to:
> -easyly create a queue of files and directories (recursive)
>  to be downloaded
> -leave it unattended
>
> For the second point it should be able to reconnect if
> disconnected and retry say every 60 seconds if it does not
> get it. Then it should resume the downloads without asking
> questions.
>
> Any advise is greatly appreciated!
> Many thanks for your help in advance!

I use ncftp, but there's also lftp etc. As for unattended
downloads and auto-retries, learn some shell scripting.
There's little point in programming that functionality
into ftp client when all you need to do is call it in eg.
a while loop (man bash).

Dima
--
One distinguishing characteristic of BOFHen is attention deficit disorder.
Put me in front of something boring and I can find a near-infinite number