Re: W32/Myparty

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 05:16:09AM -0500, Jeremy Gaddis wrote:
| I used to use Eudora as my main MUA, but I find that Outlook
| meets my needs better.  Outlook isn't *just* an MUA, it also
| has a calendar, a task scheduler, a journal, etc. (all of which
| I use, actually).  Since I'm going to use Outlook for these functions
| anyways, I figure I might as well use it for e-mail.

"Do one thing and do it well"

need I say more?

| Viruses aren't a problem as I like to think I have a bit more
| common sense than the average Outlook user.  You might notice the
| "X-Scanner:" header in my e-mail messages.  All incoming and outgoing
| mails are scanned for virii on the mail server and I also run a virus
| scanner on my desktop (McAfee/NAI on the server, Trend Micro on my
| desktops).

Just think ... if windows virii/worms weren't so easy to create and so
easy to propagate, what would all those anti-virus and mass-media
companies do for a living?  Getting a virus scanner is like putting a
band-aid on a compound fracture.  It isn't the solution!

| Anyways, I think we can call an end to this MUA war (which seems to
| start back up every couple of weeks or so).  You use what you like,
| I'll do the same, and we'll be happy campers.

As long as receiving lots of nice little virii and having the
potential for your scanners missing the latest one that LookOut
conveniently executes automatically makes you a happy camper, go for
it.

mutt works great on windows too!

-D

--

If Microsoft would build a car...
... Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You