Re: Solved: not starting xdm or gdm by default :)

> - Just FYI, the Debian way to do this is to use the 'update-rc.d' tool,
> 	you'll want to check out its man pages. I have my system set up so
> 	that runlevel 2 doesn't run gdm/xdm automatically, but runlevel 3
> 	does. Normally I start X-windows with the startx command, and go to
> 	runlevel 3 ($ telinit 3) if I want gdm.

update-rc.d -f xdm remove
update-rc.d -f gdm remove

no more xdm or gdm starting by default :)

nathan

oh when you do an upgrade and it upgrades xdm or gdm you'll have to repeat that procedure or the one you did.

--

--[Nathan <cornet@sheepy.org>]------------
GPG/PGP key ID:                 0x2F837289