Solved: not starting xdm or gdm by default :)

Hello,

Thanks to all the helpful input i got, i finally managed to do not start
at the graphical login prompt by default! :D I thought to send it to
the list in case anyone else is having this problem, its pretty easy
actually:

as root, just go to /etc/rc2.d  once there, just "mv S99xdm
offS99xdm", and do the same with S99gdm (in case you have it
there too)

Now just go to /etc/init.d/ and as above, just "mv xdm offxdm", and
same with gdm if applicable.

This worked like a charm for me, now it leaves me at the beautiful
text login, and i can either type "gdm", or "xdm" or just the plain ol'
"startx" to get my X. :)

Maybe this is not the best way to do it, but it worked for me, and
maybe it'll work for other people as well.

Cheers,
Camilo

"Nunca pierdas la santa curiosidad"
-Albert Einstein