Re: ext3 not recognized?

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 04:20:10PM -0800, Andrew Agno wrote:
|  >  > Please describe what you did to "change the root partition to ext3"
|  >  > Did you make the filesystems/ext3 option a module or installed in the
|  >  > kernel?  It can't be a module!
|  >
|  > Sure it can.  On one computer I have, I'm running 2.4.17-686 from
|
| Okay, and reading the help for CONFIG_EXT3_FS,

Maybe I should read the help, but the option should be disabled if it
truly can't in all situations

| I see that it says it
| can't.  So my next question is, why does it work on 2.4.17-686?

What is your root fs there?  If either
    a)  root fs is not ext3
or
    b)  ext3 module is in your initrd and loaded by the kernel during
        boot

you can have it as a module.  (this is a general statement; perhaps
there is something special regarding ext3 that makes a difference).

-D

--

Folly delights a man who lacks judgement,
but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.