Re: exim error?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 07:59:36PM -0700, Jason Majors wrote:
| I'm using mutt 1.3.27i and exim 3.34-1. When I try to send any mail, local
| or remote, using mutt I get this message:
| Error sending message, child exited 1 ().
|
| When I use mail on the command line, I get no error, but the mail is never
| delivered.

Try the following command (put a message into "msg" first) :

/usr/sbin/exim <your_user_name> < msg && echo "success" || echo "failure"

if exim exits successfully (returns 0) "success" will be printed,
otherwise "failure" will be printed.

If you don't see anything in mainlog when you do that, increase the
logging level in exim.conf so that you can see what is happening.

HTH,
-D

--

The righteous hate what is false,
but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.