Re: kernel recompile + broken kde package in Sid

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 11:18, Mike Atamas wrote:
> I recompiled my kernel today, and I put in DHCP support. After I
> installed the system DHCP was automatically configured. (I selected it
> during install). However, when I boot up with the new kernel, it does
> automatically autonegotiate eth0, and the settings are the same. What
> can I do to fix this?

I had this same problem when I installed woody.  The problem was related
to how @home does dhcp based on host name.  To get it to work I had to
go into /etc/dhclient.conf and uncomment the line dealing with sending
the host name with the dhcp request.  I dont know if your having to same
problem.  But I had it working durring install but not afterwards, so Im
guessing this might lead you down the right path

--
 "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty: power is ever stealing from
the many to the few.  The manna of popular liberty must be gathered each