kernel recompile + broken kde package in Sid

I recompiled my kernel today, and I put in DHCP support. After I
installed the system DHCP was automatically configured. (I selected it
during install). However, when I boot up with the new kernel, it does
automatically autonegotiate eth0, and the settings are the same. What
can I do to fix this?

Also I just wanted to point out, I'm relativly new to Debian and I dont
know where to send bug fixes, in Sid, if you try to install the
meta-package KDE you will find that it is broken. It needs both rpm and
librmp0. Rpm relies on librpm4 which conflicts with librpm0 and the meta
package does not install.

Mike
webmaster@aelfgar.com