Re: Emacs HTML modes

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 06:21:10PM -0800, Arne W. Flones wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently updated my stable, but out of date, SuSE system to Debian
> > Potato (2.2r4).  I'm now trying to smooth out some of the wrinkles.
> >
> > I use a lot of html locally for internal documents, all of which I
> > markup manually with Emacs.  Since upgrading there are two problems
> > I have not seen before.
> >
> > 1. Whenever editing HTML file I get the following error:
> >
> >         external entity html not found
> >
> > 2. My automatic indentation is not functioning the way I like it.  In
> >    particular, when a line automatically wraps to the next line, it
> >    indents the text to the right and I have to delete the spaces at
> >    the beginning of the line for *every* *single* *line* I enter.
> >    This slows me down.
> >
> > I am neither an Emacs nor an SGML expert.  Could somebody steer me
> > toward the correct solutions to these issues.
>
> I use xemacs21-nomule  in potato2.2r2 and the browser W3 include in
> xemacs21 works fine with htlm files.
> hope this help.
> --
> Gerard

Sorry, I do not run Xemacs (nor do I want to).  I run emacs only in text mode.
Furthermore, I do *NOT* want Emacs to render HTML, I merely want to use Emacs
to edit it without the editor making stupid decisions for me, like indenting
text 30 characters to the right when it auto-wraps.  This worked fine on my
Emacs 19 and 20 on my SuSE install.  It does *not* work on my Debian install.

Plus, what the fsck is "External entity html not found"?

Maybe the issue is the Emacs PSGML module.  I'll try uninstalling it.

Ciao,
Arne