Re: Upgrading Kernel the Debian way?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 02:39:53PM -0800, ben wrote:
| On Friday 18 January 2002 01:22 pm, David B Harris wrote:
| > On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:57:16 -0500
| >
| > dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> wrote:
| > > Isn't that why I ran "vim /boot/grub/menu.lst" in the first place?
| > > With a configuration as simple to manage as grub's is, I can't imagine
| > > why this would need to be automated.  (X, yes; sendmail, yes; grub,
| > > not really)
| >
| > What are you trying to say?

I don't see the usefulness of the script, especially if it gets it
wrong.

| > That update-grub should be removed?

Doesn't really make that big of a difference, as long as it is never
run automatically.

| > If not, then shut up.

Alright.

| > I really don't think anybody cares whether or not
| > you or anybody else chooses not to use the script.
|
| man, i can't believe that you told dman--one of the most unreservedly helpful
| and still modest people on this list--to shut up. that's damn near slapping
| your mama in the face. dude, apologize.

Nah, it's ok, I probably deserved it this time.

-D

--

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes at least a 486 to run Windows 95.