Re: Linux ICQ client that doesn't suck?

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 04:12, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> I've been using GnomeICU for the last 4 hours, and it hasn't had the
> repeated messages problem yet (after doing a couple of client restarts).
> gaim and licq did it on every client restart, so maybe GnomeICU solved
> my problem.

The problem that I've had with every ICQ client I've tried is that they
keep my demand dialed ppp connection alive -- is there one that will
allow me to specify how often to connect (so I can make it longer than
my ppp idle disconnect time), and configure it not to connect if the
connection is down?

Randy