Re: Linux ICQ client that doesn't suck?

Randy Orrison <randy@orrison.com> writes:

> The problem that I've had with every ICQ client I've tried is that they
> keep my demand dialed ppp connection alive -- is there one that will

The problem here is that the icq-client needs to send keep-alive
packets (every 90-120 seconds, I think), else it will get kicked off
the server. So, in order to function, it has to keep your connection
alive.

Regards,

- Petter
--
Petter Isaksson    |  / \
Student, LiTH/LiU  |  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign