Re: LaTeX problem

Thanks for the tips. Here is what I have figured out (and I still don't know why) but it may explain why some have reproduced this problem, and others haven't. -The problem only exists if you use \maketitle (If I comment out \maketitle, then placing \pagestyle{empty} before \begin{document} seems to work)

-If I use \thispagestyle{empty} before \maketitle ,then it has no effect.
-If I use \thispagestyle{empty} after \maketitle, then it does the trick and removes the first page number.
-Glen