Re: LaTeX problem

On 15 Jan 2002, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:00:52 -0500, Glen Snyder <snyderg@frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm using LaTeX from the Woody distro....there seems to be a bug (or I
> > am doing something wrong). If I use \documentclass{article} and then use
> > \pagestyle{empty} , it still insists on putting a page number on the
> > bottom of the first page (although numbers are not on subsequent pages)
> > when I generate a dvi.
>
> This must be a Woody only issue.  I don't see this in Sid.
>
> ii  tetex-base   1.0.2+20011202-1         basic teTeX library files
> ii  tetex-bin    1.0.7+20011202-2         teTeX binary files
>

> \documentclass{article}
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \begin{document}
> \section{foo}
> %% bunch of text
> \section{bar}
> %% some more text
> \end{document}

The Woody version, which I have, seems to be the same. I also have no problem
with omitting the number with \pagestyle{empty}.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]