Re: OT: Rant

Kent West wrote:

> But that's just it; I need to be able to control the _exact_ appearance
> of each letter.

Why? I understand wanting to be able to set up paragraph styles with
options for intra-line spacing, kerning, and so on, but why would you
need to be able to change these things on a letter-by-letter basis?
Would your documents really look much different if you had to settle
for paragraph styles?

> [WP is] just a solid workhorse that I just haven't found in the open
> source world.

Or anywhere else in the non-open-source world, I bet. There is a reason
for this: very few people want that kind of power, or the UI complexity
that goes with it. Reveal Codes is not the sort of thing that your
average secretary can understand easily.

Craig