Large file sizes (2+Gb)

I have a major problem here at the moment.  I have been doing a lot of video
editing recently, and the problems I have been hitting are related to file
storage.  Basically my server has about 100Gig's of free space, but the
local workstation only has about 10.  As I happen to be setting some files
up for when I get my own DVD burner, I need to put these files somewhere...

This is where I hit a problem.  The ext2 filesystem happens to have a 2Gb
limit for filesizes, so first problem hit there.  Then after upgrading the
kernel in the server to a 2.4 kernel (2.4.17) I changed the storage
partition to using reisferfs... now I can create large files and store them
on the server locally, but anytime (and any method) I try to send the files
to the server the server kills the file at exactly 2gb in size.

Now I have tried dumping via NFS (using windows NFS systems *shudder*), ftp,
and even samba, but all of these drop dead at the 2gb limit.  Samba refuses
to even try sending the file.

I am sure I am not the only person to have run into this issue, but I need
to solve it.  So any help would be appreciated.  I cannot believe that
windows can do some file storage system better than Linux, and at the moment
that is what it seems to be.  If I cannot solve this issue, then I will need
to switch system on this server.

Thanks in Advance,
    Cassandra