Re: Procmail filtering on outgoing mail

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 03:06:42AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach Thorsten Haude <debian@thorstenhau.de> [2002.01.15.0037 +0100]:
| > >Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.
| > My mailer does this for me, you might consider to use another one.
|
| i see. (thorsten, ignore my mail). he's probably using mutt, which has
| beautiful send-hooks. yes, you can't beat mutt...
|
| the way i'd suggest to do it would be wrapping /usr/sbin/sendmail. but
| that can be circumvented, the original has to remain somewhere...
|
| but i know it's possible with postfix, so exim better be able to do
| it...

You can rewrite the headers based on the conditions you want, it's
just a matter of setting it up to do that.  Exactly how you do that
depends on the amount of data you have and how much administrative
privileges should be required to update the rewrite rules.  The
easiest thing is probably to have an lsearch file with recipient
addresses as the key and your From: header as the value.  Then tell
exim to replace the From: header with a new one if the address in the
To: field is found in the file.

Still, I think it will be better and easier to make your MUA do it
(ala mutt's send-hooks).

-D

--

Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure;
I am clean and without sin"?