Re: debian-friendly DSL/cable ISP in NYC area?

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, dman wrote:

> The suits are probably the only ones who would actually pay for
> someone to tell them they don't know what they're doing :-).  The rest
> of us come here and get your support for free ;-).

I was on the end of an escallations queue that the local cable companies
forward thier tough calls up to for free.  Free tech support.  So the
only people who ever called were the ones who think I should bend over
and kiss thier ass for hardly more than minimum wage ($6.50 in Oregon, I
was making $7.50 when I first made this observation, I made $11.50 when
I got canned, and make more now) and think that I actually gave a damn
that they're only able to download at 2.7Mbps.  Cry me a tear.  You're
paying for residential service, if you want to do your daytrading with
extreme expectations of uptime, go get @Work and get off my phone 8:o).
I never sent a truck out for speed issues unless they were 70kbps or
worse, and I was being generous, the guideline was 60.

I don't mind supporting people, now, since I reserve the right to tell
you to piss off if you're completely clueless and can't understand how
to right-click after having it explained to you 6 times in 45 minutes.

--
Baloo