Re: [OT] Suggestions for cheap laser printer supported by Linux

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:20:18 +0100, Coen De Roover wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for a cheap laser printer that works flawlessly under Linux.
>I always thought this wouldn't be hard to find, but it turns out that
>some problems may arise with GDI-based printers (who actually dominate
>the lower-end market).
>All suggestions are welcome.

Check the Printing-HOWTO.  I'm looking at v4.5 Feb 2000.  The author,
Grant Taylor, lists a whole bunch of printer by brand/model/rating.
Ratings are according to how they work w/linux:
perfectly;
mostly;
partially; and
paperweight.

Obviously, this HOWTO list is not up-to-date (get the latest), due to
new products and new drivers.  Further, check the latest Ghostscript
(com or free) for compatibilities.

Armed with this info, you should be able to shop a large number of
sources with confidence that your purchase will work.

Good luck,

gt
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash