Re: gphoto2 with USB digital camera problem

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:40:59 -0500
Angus D Madden <angus@3wsi.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 12:08:37AM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> > I bought a digital still-image camera today (Canon PowerShot G2) and I
> > want my Linux machine to talk to it. So far, after a few hours of trying
> > to get it to work, and searching docs and the net for information, I'm
> > not having much luck.
> >
> > I have the gphoto2 package installed. gphoto2 complains that it can't
> > find the device:
> >
> > $gphoto2 --camera "Canon PowerShot G2" --port usb: --get-all-images
> > gPhoto2 reported the error 'Could not find the requested device on the USB port'
> >

> I went through the same with a Canon Powershot s100.  I used
> <http://www.xena.uklinux.net/Linux/powershot.html> as a reference.  I
> stopped when I couldn't find a gphoto2 gui deb (gtkam, gnocam).
>
> I'm waiting for the USBAT-02 driver, so i can mount the efilm reader-2
> directly.  See <http://www.lysator.liu.se/~unicorn/hacks/usbat2/>

You can also use a stand alone usb compact flash reader. I use the San Disk-31
which is compatible with the linux usb mass storage driver. Just add usb
support to your kernel and plug in the SanDisk.

Also has the advantage of saving your batteries and loading faster.

--
Save bandwidth and time - Get Mailfilter - The Anti-Spam Utility
http://mailfilter.sourceforge.net/index.html