DWN:Pinnign Unstable and APT::Default-Release.

Last issue of DWN had a piece which included a suggestion about using
apt to follow testing (or stable) but still have some packages from
unstable (testing).
In short, it was suggested to have the following in /etc/apt/prefernces:

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 50

When I tried to follow this suggestion I got apt trying to have me use
many packages from unstable.

The solution was to add

// Options for APT in general
APT
{
  Default-Release "testing";
};

to my /etc/apt/apt.conf file. This let me actually follow testing,
which is what I want.
--

    Shaul Karl
    email: shaulka(at-no-spam)bezeqint.net