Re: DWN:Pinnign Unstable and APT::Default-Release.

> hi,
>
> i tried to use what you suggest
> but apt complains about garbage in /etc/apt/apt.conf
> and indeed the option (Default-Release) you suggest is not
> among those listed there.

Although this option (-t, --target-release, --default-release) is
mentioned in apt-get's manpage it does indeed _not_ in
/usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index.gz.
In any case I did not get complaints about it. Could it be that you are
using an older version of apt? Mine is 0.5.4, from testing. Can you
post more details?

> on the otherhand Pinning does work for me
> could it be that you really worked with
>
> > In short, it was suggested to have the following in /etc/apt/prefernces:
>                                                                     ^^^
> in my (bitter) experience, the most frequent reason for things not
> working are all these stupid tipos
>

> imre

You are absolutely right. Thank you. It is of course preferences. Now
pinning work as described and without any modifications to
/etc/apt/apt.conf.
--

    Shaul Karl
    email: shaulka(at-no-spam)bezeqint.net