Re: ssh2 denials

Apparently, on Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 08:33:41PM -0600, shock wrote:
> I'm using ssh2 (www.ssh.com), and I'm trying to login to my home machine
> from the office.  After entering "ssh home", I'm presented with the
> password prompt.  I enter my password, and am presented with the
> password prompt again.  This occurs three times, then the connection is
> broken.  Following is an excerpt from the lg files on my home machine:

I've only used openssh so I'm not sure if the same applies to the
version you have from www.ssh.com but check your /etc/hosts.deny file.
If it has
ALL: PARANOID
and you try connecting from a machine where the reverse lookup doesn't
match what the machine says its hostname is, the connection will be
refused. Try commenting the line out of hosts.deny if you have it and
see if that works.