Re: "C" Manual

* dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) spake thusly:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 03:54:59PM +0100, Henrik Enberg wrote:
> | dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:
>
> | > I have "The Complete C++ Reference" by Schildt, and it includes a good
> | > reference of the standard libraries as well as explaining the
> | > languages.  I never bought it, but some of my friends said that
> | > "Pointers on C" by Ken Reek is good (he's a professor at RIT).
> |
> | You should not use books by Schildt.
>
> So I've heard, but after I had the book.
>
> | See the term bullschildt in the jargon file.
>
> I just did, on ESR's web site.  It's not in the 'jargon' package.
>
> I've heard a number of people complain about Schildt, but I haven't
> yet seen the errors in the book.  Can you provide any?  (off-list if
> you deem it more appropriate there)

I've seen a DOS programming book by Schildt that had void main() all
over the place, among the other things. That was 10 years ago, so I
(thankfully) can't remember those other things, nor the title of the
book.

Dima
--
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you
change your mind later, run                        -- magicfilter config script