Re: "C" Manual

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 03:54:59PM +0100, Henrik Enberg wrote:
| dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:

| > I have "The Complete C++ Reference" by Schildt, and it includes a good
| > reference of the standard libraries as well as explaining the
| > languages.  I never bought it, but some of my friends said that
| > "Pointers on C" by Ken Reek is good (he's a professor at RIT).
|
| You should not use books by Schildt.

So I've heard, but after I had the book.

| See the term bullschildt in the jargon file.

I just did, on ESR's web site.  It's not in the 'jargon' package.

I've heard a number of people complain about Schildt, but I haven't
yet seen the errors in the book.  Can you provide any?  (off-list if
you deem it more appropriate there)

-D

--

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes at least a 486 to run Windows 95.