Re: Threading Mail

csj wrote:

> On Saturday 29 December 2001 03:58, martin f krafft wrote:
> > also sprach csj <csj@mindgate.net> [2001.12.28.0807 +0100]:
> > > From the powershell package description: "PowerShell is a
> > > GNOME/Gtk+ based terminal emulator which supports many terminals in
> > > a  single window (limited only by available RAM). Each terminal is
> > > given a "notebook" tab which makes switching between terminals
> > > easy."
> >
> > if powershell or KDE could (maybe now they can, not last time i
> > checked) be spawned such that you'd have, say, four tabs with four
> > command lines executed therein, it would be worth the
> > consideration...
> >
> > i find the tabs rather confusing. but then again, my desktop is
> > simply four xterms (10 desktops thereof), and i usually don't need
> > more...
>
> I suppose you're talking about programs that require user interaction
> (foreground processes). Aside from the hassle of manually opening 10
> different tabs, can you cite an instance where having ten instant shell
> sessions is actually useful?

  he says 10 desktops, not tabs.

  usually I open quite a few xterms as well, e.g. one for running
program (and do msic interactive stuff), few for editing sources (those
might be gvim windows instead), one for watching output from the program
(tail -f logfile), one or two for manpages or other docs etc... and of
course, the same thing often happens on multiple desktops (main program,
one or two small programs to try something out etc.)

	erik