Re: Threading Mail

On Saturday 29 December 2001 03:58, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach csj <csj@mindgate.net> [2001.12.28.0807 +0100]:
> > From the powershell package description: "PowerShell is a
> > GNOME/Gtk+ based terminal emulator which supports many terminals in
> > a  single window (limited only by available RAM). Each terminal is
> > given a "notebook" tab which makes switching between terminals
> > easy."
>
> if powershell or KDE could (maybe now they can, not last time i
> checked) be spawned such that you'd have, say, four tabs with four
> command lines executed therein, it would be worth the
> consideration...
>
> i find the tabs rather confusing. but then again, my desktop is
> simply four xterms (10 desktops thereof), and i usually don't need
> more...

I suppose you're talking about programs that require user interaction
(foreground processes). Aside from the hassle of manually opening 10
different tabs, can you cite an instance where having ten instant shell
sessions is actually useful?

--
Sir Isaac Newton:
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."