Re: Threading Mail

also sprach csj <csj@mindgate.net> [2001.12.28.2228 +0100]:
> I suppose you're talking about programs that require user interaction
> (foreground processes). Aside from the hassle of manually opening 10
> different tabs, can you cite an instance where having ten instant shell
> sessions is actually useful?

well, how about 3 mutt sessions, one on =sent, one on =read, and one
on =inbox, in addition to an slrn instance, w3m-ssl on my groupware
account, two terminals, and three ssh sessions into other machines? i
love to start out the day like that... and if you have that scripted
(or the like), you get used to where what is, you don't have to worry
about logging in anymore, it certainly saves keystrokes, and it's
convenient.

of the approx. 30 shell windows that windowmaker produces during
startup, i surely never use them all. but i consider it a great asset
not to have to worry about overlapping windows, and to have *a lot* of
scratch space for whatever i need to do.

i was just thinking that a powershell that would open e.g. three mutt
instances as described above would possibly make for an interesting
MUA ;) - now if you could sync your GPG passphrase across rather than
having to type that thrice, who'd need anything else?

"i did not know. but i sensed it as truth."
                                                          -chaim potok