Re: Help with onboard RAID.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 07:54:20AM -0800, Dan S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Microstar motherboard(K7TPro-RU) with onboard RAID.
> I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work with Debian/sid.
> The RAID controller is an onboard Promise 20265R (possibly a FastTrak chip)
> (See http://support.promise.com/Linux/Default.htm)
> (http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/K7T266pro2-RU.htm)
I've seen support for these chips in the latest "stable" Linux Version
(2.4.17). :)

I don't know what the driver can do for you and what not but IIRC all these
crapy chips need some sort of SoftRaid or the Windos driver is the SoftRaid
software. So don't expect to much from this stuff.
Fine chips for home use (ATA 100 support) but no real hardware.

Sven

--
Lamer! :)\nLokaler Admin mit enormen Rechten[tm]
[Christian Schneider und Jens Himmelrath in alt.hacker.org-gcf]