Re: ISDN Fritz!X USB TA and Debian

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 08:12:55PM +0100, Patrik Modesto wrote:
> Hello,
> is anyone using Fritz!X USB TA ISDN modem? I bought one a week ago, and
> can't make it dialing under Debian Woody. Under W2k it works fine.
> What i've done:
> - install USB
> - compile fxusb from ftp.avm.de/cardware ... and make it loading when
>   modem is pluged in
> - install ipppd, pppcapiplugin, isdnutils-base
German AVM website said last time I looked at it (about 2 weeks ago)
that the Fritz!X USB has no Linux drivers and won't get some from
AVM.
I've no time to double check this (calling their hotline) but IMHO you're
wasting your time with bad (unsupportet) hardware.

Sven *I-love-Fritz!PCI-v1-cards*

--
Lamer! :)\nLokaler Admin mit enormen Rechten[tm]
[Christian Schneider und Jens Himmelrath in alt.hacker.org-gcf]