Re: man v. info

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 05:00:36PM -0000, Ted Harding wrote:

> As to what to do about it, I can only suggest
> "reinstate the man pages in full". I know it's
> not 'kosher' to disagreee with the GNU "info
> policy", but I think that those who do disagree
> should say so. After all, it'a a Free and Open
> World, isn't it?

I despise "info".  Use man as a base, and anything more elaborate that
actually *requires* hyperlinking, use HTML.

BTW, for HTML docs, put them all in *one* file with hyperlinks.  There is no
meaningful advantage to cutting it into twenty pieces, and it makes
searching significantly more difficult.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum