man v. info

hi,

i just read the (sub)thread above on man v. info
and i thought it is much more important than
to have it hidden in there.  So i thought i try
to pick it up again.

The major sources of help/information for me are
the apropos, the -h/--help options and the man pages.
These are fast and efficient means to find what i want
most of the time.

As far as info is concerned, i fully agree with Karsten.
It doesn't work intuitively for me either; i just get
lost in the maze of links and 3 sentence pages....
I hate it for this.

The lack of manpages, and outdated manpages are frustrating.
And what Karsten brought up is also a nice idea:
to have examples in man pages. There are some manpages with examples
but most of them are without although they are really helpful.

It would be nice to know how other people think about this
and if there is sufficient interest to also talk about what
should/could be done to change this.

Best,

imre