Re: man v. info

Carl Fink wrote:

> BTW, for HTML docs, put them all in *one* file with hyperlinks.  There is no
> meaningful advantage to cutting it into twenty pieces, and it makes
> searching significantly more difficult.

For locally-stored docs that's arguable. The advantage of small files
comes when you have to read it across a network, especially a WAN.

When I want to search a directory of HTML files, I tend to grep it
first, then view the files that seem to be apropos.

Craig, enjoying the aftereffects of a superb Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa
Valley, Clos du Val, 1994)