Re: Anyone using plip?

I use plip, in module form, I could not get the IRQ mode working, but
IRQ-less mode works fine, I had to use plipconfig to set both the nibble
and trigger much higher than the default values.. I use 10,000 (the
defaults were somewhere around 1000 if I recall).. I still get soem
dropped packets, but not too many. I think the plipconfig values he
gives in the HOWTO are based on getting IRQ mode working.. possibly
IRQ-less requires much higher values? anyhow, whenever I tried loading
the module it gave me a message that the config options were not
recognized (namely.. the config option to tell it what irq to use) so,
since the HOWTO said it was -possible- but not desirable to get IRQ-less
mode working.. I worked at that.. I get ~30Kb/s transfer rates, which is
not too bad... so, unless I can find out how to get IRQ mode working
properly (pref with modules, since plip doesn't need to be in memory
when my laptop and desktop aren't connected), I will likely not
experiment much further. If you get it going let me know and I'll try it
out...

Dave