Anyone using plip?

I've tried to get plip running, both in a monolithic kernel and as a
module. No luck: dmesg reports "parport0 has no irq".
In fact, parport0 is there and is detected and used by lp0. Not sure
what to try next.

The information in the PLIP howto seems to be somewhat out of date; is
there anything more recent?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]