nfs root mount problem

Hi again. My other problem is building a diskless system. I followed all
the instructions in the diskless how to, and the etherboot help, but it
seems I cant overcome this detail. My network card is an isa wd 8013. I
compiled the module in the kernel. The diskless computer does the download
of the kernel image, uncompresses it, but fails to mount a root fs on nfs.

Error are like:
IP-Config: no devices available.

Failed to mount root on nfs, giving up.

I typed the ones I can remeber best, and they are not a perfect match.

of course, as usual, any help is welcome.

regards
J.A.Serralheiro