Re: scanner recommendations?

pirmin <pirmin2@gmx.net> writes:

>> On 18 Dec 2001, Vineet Kumar wrote:
>
>> I recently bought an Epson Perfection 1650 which is working perfectly
>
> I am impressed by an Epson 1640 Perfections's speed at work in a Win2k
> environment, connectted to the USB port. In the vendors' lists they
> now have the 1650s.
>
> Is the 1650 also very fast? I did not take a stopwatch onsite but the
> my decision threshold in favor of scanning some document has lowered
> considerably in contrast to my attitude towards using a not too slow
> Umax Astra 1220 SCSI at home. The Epson hardly gives me the impression
> I am waiting for the scan to be completed.

I'm not Vineet, but I got one recently, too. Converted from a broken
Microtek Slimscan C3. The epson ist pretty fast. The C3 was slowly
crawling through the image (if it worked), but the Epson takes USB
obviously to the test. Can't compete with SCSI, I would guess, but
still, I'm impressed. (No stop watch, either).

--
Tschoe,                http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt - Fingerprint:
 Jens                  1AAB 67A2 1068 77CA 6B0A  41A4 18D4 A89B 28D0 F097