Re: What causes segmentation faults?

* Seneca Cunningham (seneca@slemish.com) [011218 18:59]:
> [what causes segmentation faults?]

The short answer is: "a bug in the program." A correctly-written program
should never die with a segmentation violation. If you're just a user,
and not a programmer, that's probably all you need to know. For more
information (and you probably should have tried this first, but I'll
spare the lecture) try:

http://www.google.com/search?q=segmentation+fault&btnI=1

good times,
Vineet

--
Satan laughs when      #  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will
we kill each other.    #   defend to the death your right to say it."