Re: Ghostscript/Fonts problem

Thomas Hessling wrote
>Hello everybody, I am using gnuplot to create EPS graphics which I
embed into my LaTeX
>documents. That worked fine so far, but since the 'apt-get upgrade'
last
>weekend I get the following error by GhostScript when trying to display
>those graphics: "Error: /invalidfont in findfont" (plus the stack
>stuff).
>It doesn't matter which font I use (Helvetica, Times Roman, etc.), the
>error always occurs. At first I checked if the files exist at all, but
>they do and they're properly named in 'Fontmap.GS'. Dfontmgr also shows
>them up... Has anybody encountered similar problems and has an idea or
even a
>solution for this problem?

I had the same problem.  It appears that GS isn't finding the font
files.  Setting environment variables GS_LIB and/or GS_FONTPATH as per
the GS documentation fixes it.  I'm not sure whether this is the way the
packager intended things to work or why the upgrade broke it.

If you want more detail let me know - I'm not at my Linux box at the
moment.

Malcolm Gray

---------------
This email is from Analytic Outcomes Pty Ltd
Phone:	+61 2 6257 0366
Fax:		+61 2 6257 0377
Email:	malcolm.gray@analyticoutcomes.com
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the named
addressee, are confidential and may contain information that is
proprietary to Analytic Outcomes or its clients or information that is
privileged.  The disclosure, copying, taking action in reliance on or
distribution of them or any information they contain by anyone other
than the addressee is prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please let us know by telephone and destroy the message.