Re: Win2000 , Debian Dual Boot

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 03:10:59AM -0800, Seth Delackner wrote:
| On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 11:33:32PM -0500, Akintayo Holder wrote:
| > Try GRUB.
|
| [snip]
|
| > map (hd0) (hd1) [Windows thinks it is on the first disk]
| > map (hd1) (hd0)
| > rootnoverify (hd1,0)
| > makeactive
| > chainloader +1
| > boot
|
| I am running potato and when I run grub, the "map" command is not
| recognized.  My menu.lst has something very like the above entry
| for windows, but even at the commandline:
| grub> map (hd0) (hd1)
|
| Fails with "unrecognized command".  The potato version of Grub is
| .93.  The manual pages on the gnu website are for .90, older still,

I think that version is incorrect.  packages.debian.org says 0.5.93 is
in potato (note the additional decimal point).  I recommend getting
0.90 (the current release, 0.91 should be out sometime soon though).

-D

--

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to
all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he