Re: Configuration of SiS 6326

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 01:53:10PM +0800, José Netto wrote:
| Hi, i'm trying to configure my video card SiS 6326 in
| Debian GNU/Linux r3, and until now i can't do that.
| Please support me.

Use the SVGA or the FBDev driver.  I can send you a (version 4)
XF86Config file that works with the card.  I got it to work using X
directly (SVGA driver), but now I'm using it with the VESA framebuffer
and the FBDev driver (see kernel docs for info on framebuffer).  It is
much easier to set up X using the framebuffer.  The tradeoff is loss
of acceleration (which is not much with that card).

HTH,
-D

--

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have
told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and